Fire damages Lake Pointe home

Jan. 17, 2018  PLYMOUTH VOICE.

Plymouth Michigan News



Don Howard

Staff Writer

Bitter cold and windy conditions didn’t hinder area firefighters last Tuesday night when a fire that was thought to start in a gas fireplace caused extensive damage to a Lake Pointe home in Plymouth Township.

Township firefighters with the help of three surrounding community departments were able to save the home at 40718 Ivywood Lane. Fire was contained to the basement family room and it’s contents according to Plymouth Township Fire Chief Dan Phillips.

“We were able to save the structure but there’s extensive smoke damage throughout the house,” said Phillips after the fire.

Firefighters from Plymouth Township, Northville, Northville Township and Livonia responded after the first alarm was received at 11:39 p.m. 18 firefighters and eight fire vehicles including two ambulances and a ladder truck were immediately dispatched.

Phillips said two engines and a rescue vehicle from the township were on-scene within six minutes of the 9-1-1 call. Responding departments acted under a mutual aid agreement. There were no reported injuries.


Plymouth Voice.

Photo: File Photo

Fire DepartmentPlymouth
Previous post

PCAC Member Exhibit Award Winners

Next post

Dog belonging to fallen officer missing