Fire at Plymouth industrial site – caused by faulty equipment

Sep. 8, 2020  PLYMOUTH VOICE.

Plymouth Michigan News


Don Howard

Staff Writer


Faulty equipment was determined to be the primary cause of an industrial fire that destroyed a Plymouth Township manufacturing facility on Friday afternoon.

Fire officials said the building that housed Netshaped Solutions, located at 9075 General Drive near Joy Road, was likely a total loss but there’s a chance much of the heavy industrial cold forming and thread rolling equipment was saved from damage.

Township Fire Chief Dan Phillips said an employee working overtime first reported the fire at 3:45 p.m. According to Phillips the business entity performs manufacturing operations that involve cutting oil and fluids, believed to be the main source of the fire.

In addition to the Plymouth Township Fire Department, mutual aid was summoned from Northville City, Northville Township, Canton, Livonia, Westland and Inkster Fire Departments. Phillips said they had the fire under control by 8:30 p.m.

“We’re happy the business owner called 9-1-1 quickly to protect the exposure all firefighters experience and there were no injuries.” Phillips added.

An environmental cleanup crew was at the scene of the fire on Saturday afternoon.


Plymouth Voice.

Gallery Photo:  WXYZ-TV Facebook


Fire DepartmentNewsPlymouth
Previous post

Northville Twp. Police investigate fatal hit and run

Next post

Schoolcraft College acknowledges two unassuming heroes