Fast fire response saves home

Jul. 10, 2019  PLYMOUTH EAGLE.

Plymouth Michigan News


Fast response and teamwork by firefighters is credited with saving a Northville Township home last week after a home-owner called 9-1-1 reporting the smell of smoke.

Northville Township Fire Chief Brent Siegal said crews arrived at the home in the 18000 block of Shadbrook within 5 minutes with seven firefighters, a command unit, fire engine, ladder truck and ambulance to find smoke coming from the electrical outlets. The call came in at 7:59 p.m. last Thursday.

After mutual aid was requested from Northville City, Plymouth Township, Livonia and Novi there were 24 firefighters on scene.

According to Siegal, the fire was determined to have been caused by an electrical problem located in the kitchen wall. He said it was extinguished within an hour. Crews remained on scene to ensure the fire had not spread to concealed spaces or other rooms. Siegal reported that the fire damage was minimal while there was damage to the home from smoke.

Area streets were closed for 2 hours. The homeowners were able to safely exit and there were no reported injuries, according to official reports.

Plymouth Voice.

Photos by Matt Zmuda



Fire DepartmentNorthville
Previous post

Mellow Jazz at the Elks

Next post

Plymouth OK’s new liquor license request