Feb. 22, 2016 PLYMOUTH VOICE.
Plymouth Michigan News
The National Weather Service in Detroit/Pontiac has issued a Winter Storm Watch… which is in effect from Wednesday evening through Thursday afternoon.
* snow… heavy at times… is possible Wednesday night through
midday Thursday. Precipitation will start as rain
Wednesday… then mix with and change to snow around sunset
* Total snowfall accumulations of 4 to 8 inches are possible by
* Northeast winds approaching 30 mph could lead to extensive
blowing and drifting of snow Wednesday night and Thursday.
* travel on area roadways may become hazardous by late Wednesday
afternoon through Thursday.
* Snow removal will be more challenging as snow character will
be wet/heavy during Wednesday night… then become a more
typical character by Thursday morning.
* a Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for
significant snow… sleet… or ice accumulations that may impact
travel. Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.
* Prepare… plan… and stay informed.